How do you react when you lose on facebook (or other social

Talk about blogs, messageboards, and other social media like Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and LiveJournal.
Joel
Augur
Augur

How do you react when you lose on facebook (or other social

Post by Joel »

... networking sites)??

Was looking at facebook and noticed that someone had deleted me as a friend. Anyways I found who it was rather quickly. Generally I check my family list, to see if anyone is missing. Then it seems my sister has deleted me or her account. I really don't know. I know she deleted some stuff about her problems in London, with finding somewhere to live. Kinder makes me worry.

Others in the past I've noticed they deleted me, but with them I just move on. Life is too short.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: How do you react when you lose on facebook (or other social

Post by RJDiogenes »

Maybe she just got sick of Facebook and deleted her account. It is pretty annoying. :D Give her a call or send her an email if you're worried about her. :yes:

I'm not sure if anybody has ever deleted me. I don't go there very often, as it drives me crazy. :loopy:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

^ Crazier, you mean. :P
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Right. I keep forgetting. :lol: :loopy:

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

I'm on it at least once a day. Only had a few people delete their accounts...never been removed as a friend though. I've removed people, or totally denied them completely (in the case of my sister), but never been removed. Many people say they enjoy reading my status messages, as I always try to put up something humorous like a funny thing that happened during the day, or a quote, or something.

Joel, I'm with the others. Send her an email or something if you're concerned. Maybe she wants to 'start fresh' and deleting her account could be seen as that. Many people see their accounts as a reflection of themselves, and if you wipe the slate clean on there, I guess it could be analogous to doing so in real life.
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

RJDiogenes wrote:Maybe she just got sick of Facebook and deleted her account. It is pretty annoying. :D Give her a call or send her an email if you're worried about her. :yes:
Nah ... it was something else. Kinder just like before, got rid of it for 24 hours. Yet to speak to her.
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

I've removed a few people as friends --- I have a lot of acquaintance contacts, and I find that just a degree or two of separation is enough to bring the troll out in some people. :no:
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
J. Allen
Pleb
Pleb

Post by J. Allen »

I'm on Facebook for one reason: Cafe World. :D

J.
~All You Need Is Love~
Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

^ I lost interest in that. Well got sick of taking time to load. Hooked on roller Coaster Kingdom and Space Wars. Shameless to blame for being getting hooked and I'm now level 63 on it.
Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

I generally don't do Facebook, as I don't like to give out personal info online and I'm too boring anyway. :p That being said, is there anything that might convince me otherwise?
:knight:

I move in silence with each step taken, snow falling round me like angels in flight.
Far in the distance is my wish under moonlight.

On my way home, I remember only good days.
On my way home, I remember all the best days.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The RJDiogenes Fan Club. :D

I'm trying to think of ways to use it for free advertising for my books and stuff, but I don't really like the place. I prefer Forums.

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Unicron wrote:I generally don't do Facebook, as I don't like to give out personal info online and I'm too boring anyway. :p That being said, is there anything that might convince me otherwise?
I don't use it for the games...just to keep up to date on my friends, and it gives me a convenient way to contact them, should the need arise. I only accept people as friends that I actually know, and anything I post is generally content that doesn't make me look bad (it helps to have teachers as FB friends). You don't even have to register under your real name...LP goes by Zomg Plecostomus for Pete's sake! I'd have you as a friend Uni! :thumbsup:

And RJ, you could always start yourself a fan page. Different from the "fan club". You can use it to advertise your work and stuff. Performers and other artists have them, so they must be of some use. :yes:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Like Sean said, it is a convenient back-up in case something happens to Renext. That's about all I use it for.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^There is actually a ReNext group on there...but nothing has been posted there for ages.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Sean wrote:And RJ, you could always start yourself a fan page. Different from the "fan club". You can use it to advertise your work and stuff. Performers and other artists have them, so they must be of some use. :yes:
Ah, I didn't know that. I'll have to see what others are doing. Thanks. :yes:

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

I'll keep that in mind then. I know some relatives who use Facebook more than I do. I'm just more of a lurker. :D
:knight:

I move in silence with each step taken, snow falling round me like angels in flight.
Far in the distance is my wish under moonlight.

On my way home, I remember only good days.
On my way home, I remember all the best days.