Check-In 112:Heptagonal Copernicium

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In 112:Heptagonal Copernicium

Post by Madeliaette »

I'm sorry to hear about L2. It has to be hard for you to lose clients
l2 isnt a client - he is the guy i used to clean/garden for that lives 2 doors along from L.
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

Nothing happening today. It's raining out so not much that can be done.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:14 am
What the hell? Monday? Where'd that come from?
Out of the deep Mariana Trench. :unsure:
RJDiogenes wrote:
My late Brother had an old ashtray stand from the house on Bayley Terrace that I will inherit. It's in the form of an old pot-belly stove and it used to stand next to the couch, and I used to use it to hold my iced tea while I read my comic books. I'm sure it's worth nada as an antique, but I want it.
Oh yeah, I'm sure this one isn't worth anything, but it's neat. :yes:
RJDiogenes wrote:
I hope it's not a breech or deformed fetus. :(
Yep. A mare I had, aborted twins in '89' (2 weeks before I had my son, and I had to bury them). One had clearly been dead for awhile, the other born alive, but this was two months too early. I looked at Cayli again today... and I still have no clue. At this point I should see the baby kicking if she is pregnant and the foal alive, but her bag seems to have expanded. Once again, not enough for this point in the pregnancy. I'm not even sure I could rely on the area by her tail, which should be loosening now. At this rate, I won't know for sure until she has or doesn't have a baby the first week of June. :conf:
RJDiogenes wrote:
I would love that so much. :lol:
:yes:
RJDiogenes wrote:
They sure don't make it easy. The state website should have something, though. this might help.
Thanks, yeah, that's the one Medicare just sent. Well, direct link to Iowa.
RJDiogenes wrote:
We need an excuse to charge for membership. My stories and poems aren't doing the trick. :lol:
Keep thinking of ways. :D
RJDiogenes wrote:
Indeed. I wish I could do it. I'd make a great woman. :lol:
Too many thoughts! :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
This concerns me too. She's already convinced that she's going to go back to Ohio and live with her grandparents. But I'm afraid that she won't be allowed out of nursing care at all this time.
Yeah. I think she'd be too much for any one person to handle. My grandmother was a very gentle soul, so any time she got confused, it was easy to just take her hand and explain. At this point, emma will take more to talk her down. I just don't think it would be a good idea for her friend to attempt to take her.
Cayla wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:06 am
After work, I must go grocery shopping. I should also try to go to bed early, tonight. While I caught up on some much needed rest and sleep on my vacation, I somehow lost some did not get enough, this weekend.
Vacations always tire us out. Never fails.
scottydog wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:15 am
Lots of grading to today. I need to look to see when grades are do. I'll probably wait to the last possible minute to finish up :lol:
Procrastinator! :lol:
scottydog wrote:
YES! An antique chocolate stand would be incredibly cool and by holding chocolate it increases its value by tens of thousands of dollars :yes:
I knew you'd appreciate my idea. :yes:
scottydog wrote:
That's only a month from now. I hope everything turns out all right.
Yeah, though I've been back and forth for the last few months, so this final month seems like a long time.
scottydog wrote:
My wife was once 5'7" and now she's 5'5". I've lost an inch of height and am now down to 5'10" :no:
Ever since I slipped on the ice, down the steps and maybe crushed a vertebra, I'm down to 5'4", and I hate it. I was always tall, I still want to be tall. I demand a cure for this! :lol:
scottydog wrote:
In my old age, my eyesight aint what it used to be, so no worries :lol:
Nice try. :warn: :lol:
scottydog wrote:
It's kind of a pain in the ass. We're only asking for encyclopedia entries that are roughly 2,000 words long. It shouldn't take long for someone to write an entry of that length on a topic about which they are an expert, so I'm puzzled why we get so many people declining our invitation :conf:
They're authors, maybe they are afraid they can't keep it to so few words. :lol:
Gary wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:45 am
These are some pictures from last week's storm. I had just checked the weather radar which showed it wasn't coming near me. About 10 minutes later, I could hear the roar of the wind as a friend west of me was sending texts about the incoming storm. The house sounded like it was being pelted with rocks. Wind speeds were upward of 40-80mph. My Jeep has a bunch of dings on the roof, hood, and driver's side but nothing like the images in the link. Friend's son-in-law's truck lost a window.
Holy cats! That is crazy. Storms can be wildly unpredictable in where they are going, plus sudden blooms can happen. Glad you didn't get worse damage, Gary.
Now that I think of it, it must not have hit near Rose, OK because I haven't heard from my friend, aside from the usual check in texts.
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:21 pm
L2 died...he came out the hospital into convalescent care home and was dead within 48 hours... :(
That's sad. :(
Lupine wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:50 pm
One of my mother's goats did that once. No real sign of pregnancy, then a surprise kid.
It's a first for me if she is pregnant. Usually, they look like walking bowling balls (large bowling balls), like the cats do. :lol:
Son asked if I was sure about the date, and I reminded him that the only time they got together was July 4th (maybe the day before), when Cayli freaked out because of idiots blowing up stuff nearby. She went over her gate and then "encouraged" Promise to join her, so he broke out.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Okay, I've settled on a new plan: I'm going to work 104 more days, which is how many days I would have worked if I was now working part time. Working full time, that puts me at the end of September. If the powers-that-be decide to agree to my part-time schedule, that will stretch it out, but no farther than the end of the year. The countdown has begun!
Cayla wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:06 am
I somehow lost some did not get enough, this weekend.
Ditto. Too much caffeine yesterday.
scottydog wrote:
My wife was once 5'7" and now she's 5'5". I've lost an inch of height and am now down to 5'10" :no:
I've somehow lost an inch or so, too. I used to be six feet even in high school.
I can't wait for the day -- which is coming SOON -- when you reconcile with Monday and greet it with open arms. :hug:
See above. :D
I have a stuffed Yoda, too. It was hanging from the ceiling of our bedroom for years. Not hanging in a "gallows" sense, but hanging tastefully so that it looked like Yoda was levitating and casting his magic on us. Well, The Wife got tired of it and took him down without even asking me.
The Force must be strong in your wife. :eek:
Can you get it? It sounds fabulous :yes:
It's at my Mother's house now. She's going to clean it up and I'll probably take it next week.
But really, what were we promised? I think we tend to harbor a too Pollyanna view of the future -- maybe because we are Star Trek fans and we see a Utopic view of what could be.
True. It was implied, not promised. I want the 22nd century in writing!
Gary wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:45 am
These are some pictures from last week's storm. I had just checked the weather radar which showed it wasn't coming near me. About 10 minutes later, I could hear the roar of the wind as a friend west of me was sending texts about the incoming storm. The house sounded like it was being pelted with rocks. Wind speeds were upward of 40-80mph. My Jeep has a bunch of dings on the roof, hood, and driver's side but nothing like the images in the link. Friend's son-in-law's truck lost a window.
Wow, those pictures are crazy, and the videos are worse. I have a friend in San Antonio, too. It's a miracle that nobody was killed by those things.
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:21 pm
L2 died...he came out the hospital into convalescent care home and was dead within 48 hours... :(
Aw, that's sad. I hope he was peaceful and comfortable. Is that why he moved into the care home, because he knew the end was near?
Lupine wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:50 pm
One of my mother's goats did that once. No real sign of pregnancy, then a surprise kid.
Surprise kid. I get it. :lol:
I blame the Anglo-Saxons. :warn:
I'm gonna sue!
Elara wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:53 pm
Out of the deep Mariana Trench. :unsure:
It was kind of a Lovecraftian Horror.
Yep. A mare I had, aborted twins in '89' (2 weeks before I had my son, and I had to bury them).
:no:
At this rate, I won't know for sure until she has or doesn't have a baby the first week of June. :conf:
Is there a vet who can take a look at her? It seems like it could cause internal damage if she tried to deliver a stillborn with a hoof sticking in her side.
Keep thinking of ways. :D
:lol:
Too many thoughts! :lol:
That's me all over. :lol:
Yeah. I think she'd be too much for any one person to handle. My grandmother was a very gentle soul, so any time she got confused, it was easy to just take her hand and explain. At this point, emma will take more to talk her down. I just don't think it would be a good idea for her friend to attempt to take her.
Yeah, I don't know if there's any good answer-- especially since the friend will be on her own (she had her mother to help in California). But unless they find some balance of meds to peace her out, assisted living will be the death of her.
Ever since I slipped on the ice, down the steps and maybe crushed a vertebra, I'm down to 5'4", and I hate it. I was always tall, I still want to be tall. I demand a cure for this! :lol:
Gravity boots?
Son asked if I was sure about the date, and I reminded him that the only time they got together was July 4th (maybe the day before), when Cayli freaked out because of idiots blowing up stuff nearby. She went over her gate and then "encouraged" Promise to join her, so he broke out.
That sounds romantic.

:pony: :pony:

:tea:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Today was a good day -- I got some Encyclopedia work done, some grading done, and a nap was taken.
Elara wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:53 pm
I'm down to 5'4", and I hate it. I was always tall, I still want to be tall. I demand a cure for this! :lol:
Losing four inches is a lot. Has your doctor done a bone density test? I worry that you have osteoporosis.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:28 pm
Okay, I've settled on a new plan: I'm going to work 104 more days, which is how many days I would have worked if I was now working part time. Working full time, that puts me at the end of September. If the powers-that-be decide to agree to my part-time schedule, that will stretch it out, but no farther than the end of the year. The countdown has begun!
Great plan! I hope you can stick to it no matter what the economy does between now and the end of the year. If you do retire in September, you'll beat me by three months :mad:
RJDiogenes wrote:
I've somehow lost an inch or so, too. I used to be six feet even in high school.
Welcome to the shrinkage club. It's normal.
RJDiogenes wrote:
The Force must be strong in your wife. :eek:
Check out the picture thread for a photo of me and Yoda :alien:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. winds.....and work
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

For a minute there I thought it was Trash Day. :no:
scottydog wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:20 am
Great plan! I hope you can stick to it no matter what the economy does between now and the end of the year. If you do retire in September, you'll beat me by three months :mad:
It would be funny if they agree to my part-time schedule just enough so that I retire one day before you. :D
Check out the picture thread for a photo of me and Yoda :alien:
I saw. That's a great Yoda. Your wife must be secretly a Darth. :unsure:
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:52 am
GM. winds.....and work
Don't blow away. :roll1:

Gary
Patrician
Patrician

Post by Gary »

Regarding the questions about insurance and hail damage -- yes, insurance covers hail damage. Insurance companies take a huge hit when these events occur; however, they offset their losses by raising rates!
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Happy Tuesday, everyone :hello:

I have grading to do, and then late this afternoon I'll sneak out for some golf -- hopefully before the storms hit.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:43 am
It would be funny if they agree to my part-time schedule just enough so that I retire one day before you. :D
You're a year and a half younger than me, so you have me beat by a mile :headbash: :loopy:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:43 am
I saw. That's a great Yoda. Your wife must be secretly a Darth. :unsure:
I do love my stuffed Yoda. My wife is actually a not-so-secret Darth :lol:
Gary wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:42 am
Regarding the questions about insurance and hail damage -- yes, insurance covers hail damage. Insurance companies take a huge hit when these events occur; however, they offset their losses by raising rates!
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Is your car totaled or is it repair-able?
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Another day. :yawn:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

day's done...slump.curry and lotsa water before book in bed.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Gary wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:42 am
They should give out free car covers.
scottydog wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 1:09 pm
You're a year and a half younger than me, so you have me beat by a mile :headbash: :loopy:
Well, there's that. :lol:
I do love my stuffed Yoda. My wife is actually a not-so-secret Darth :lol:
Not many can take down Yoda.
Lupine wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:48 pm
But... which one? :unsure:
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:53 pm
day's done...slump.
I know the feeling. :sleep:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Got an advert from AARP today. :oldman:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:41 pm
Lupine wrote:
But... which one? :unsure:
Tuesday... I think. Unless my elderly brain is giving out. :unsure:
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

I got very little done today and I'm totally okay with that scenario :lol: I did play 9 holes of golf and the the storms came in and all hell broke loose for about 45 minutes. The sky got as dark as a witch's cauldron and nearby lightening strikes had overweight middle-aged men running for their lives. Then the sun came out and it was calm and sunny again.
Lupine wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgVyeCcCyw8
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:53 pm
... and lotsa water before book in bed.
If you drink lotsa water, won't you have to get up in the night to pee a lot?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:41 pm
They should give out free car covers.
I'm in favor of every one and every thing being covered 24/7 :yes:
Lupine wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:12 pm
Oh that's right -- you're a half-century old now, right? :oldman:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^And feeling every minute of it. :lol:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM.
f you drink lotsa water, won't you have to get up in the night to pee a lot?
just once. if i dont drink it i will wke up with a sore sour head and nose from sinus caused by dehydration....
today a cleaning job for J then study
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

Today's the day. Trash Day!
Lupine wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:12 pm
I joined AARP a while ago. It hasn't done me much good, but that's probably my own fault for not paying enough attention.
scottydog wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:17 pm
I did play 9 holes of golf and the the storms came in and all hell broke loose for about 45 minutes. The sky got as dark as a witch's cauldron and nearby lightening strikes had overweight middle-aged men running for their lives. Then the sun came out and it was calm and sunny again.
That's cool. I love stormy weather like that.
I'm in favor of every one and every thing being covered 24/7 :yes:
I cannot endorse this extremist view. There are someones and somethings that should definitely be uncovered. :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:24 pm
There's more to come. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:48 am
today a cleaning job for J then study
How's J and the doggies doing?

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Happy Wednesday, all :hello:

Just more grading to do today. I have the be done by Friday, so the end is in sight. Several of us are getting together for Happy Hour drinks at 5pm today at our local pub.
Lupine wrote:
RJ is right, the slight downhill slide you feel now is a picnic compared to the inevitable falling off of the precipice that awaits you :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:48 am
if i dont drink it i will wke up with a sore sour head and nose from sinus caused by dehydration....
Yes, I've found there is a very fine line between being under-hydrated versus over-hydrated at night.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:28 am
I joined AARP a while ago. It hasn't done me much good, but that's probably my own fault for not paying enough attention.
Well, we should be getting discounts at a lot of places, but I always forget to ask for those discounts :unsure:
RJDiogenes wrote:
That's cool. I love stormy weather like that.
Me too, but it's a bit unnerving to be holding metal golf clubs in the middle of an open field during a violent storm :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
I cannot endorse this extremist view. There are someones and somethings that should definitely be uncovered. :lol:
I have no idea what you're talking about :vixen:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Indeed. The "new normal" for me is to only have several body parts that aren't working properly :lol:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

How's J and the doggies doing?
J is ok....bit fed u - but goingto sgtart her jewelry making venture again. she used to do that a lot but then gave up....now shes planning to make stuff and sell online. dogs are fine - but getting lazy!

cleaning done, po pop done. lunch acoming - study to go!
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, compadres, and welcome to Cinco de Mayo. :mexico:

Need to do some shopping today.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Lupine wrote:
scottydog wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:45 am
RJ is right, the slight downhill slide you feel now is a picnic compared to the inevitable falling off of the precipice that awaits you :lol:
:Ahhh: :Ahhh: :Ahhh: :Ahhh: :Ahhh: :Ahhh:
scottydog wrote:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Well, we should be getting discounts at a lot of places, but I always forget to ask for those discounts :unsure:
Ohhh, I forgot about discounts. :money_mouth:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Several of us are getting together for Happy Hour drinks at 5pm today at our local pub.
Is everybody vaccinated?
Yes, I've found there is a very fine line between being under-hydrated versus over-hydrated at night.
Goldilocks had trouble finding that right median, too.
I've got an app on my phone that I never think to use.
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:16 pm
J is ok....bit fed u - but goingto sgtart her jewelry making venture again. she used to do that a lot but then gave up....now shes planning to make stuff and sell online.
Good for her. I hope she does well. Maybe I'll buy something from her.
Lupine wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:01 pm
It's not really so bad. I get a little achy, but I think that will improve once I'm not sitting on my butt for eight hours a day. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Miracle of miracles: My brother Steve just got his second vaccine.

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Another day with little accomplished. A good day, in other words :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:45 pm
Is everybody vaccinated?
Yes, pretty much every adult here in Virginia that wanted to be vaccinated has been vaccinated.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:23 pm
Miracle of miracles: My brother Steve just got his second vaccine.
That's good news. Has your entire family been vaccinated now? Along with Chloe and Bernie? :conf:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:45 pm
Lupine wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:01 pm
It's not really so bad. I get a little achy, but I think that will improve once I'm not sitting on my butt for eight hours a day. :lol:
I think you're right. If we're not more physically active in retirement, then we're doing it wrong.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM....work....9 calls....
RJ, you want to buy ladies girlie jewelry? hmm.... lol
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

Is it time for bed yet?
scottydog wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:17 am
Yes, pretty much every adult here in Virginia that wanted to be vaccinated has been vaccinated.
I'm not falling for that. How many adults in Virginia wanted to be vaccinated? :lol:
That's good news. Has your entire family been vaccinated now? Along with Chloe and Bernie? :conf:
My Mother, Sister, Brother, and myself are all fully vaccinated, Bernie seems content to sit in the corner all bundled up, and the virus flees at the sight of Chloe.
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:58 am
RJ, you want to buy ladies girlie jewelry? hmm.... lol
Sure. Maybe I'll find somebody to give it to. Anyway, I like to support my fellow independent creators. :yes:

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

It isCurling Iron Day! :dance: :bounce: :veryhappy: :dance:

I have a lot of work to do at the church, since I haven't worked on anything there in over two weeks. I also need to do laundry and make a couple of dinners, so I do not have to keep eating take out.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.