Check-In 112:Heptagonal Copernicium

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-In 112:Heptagonal Copernicium

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Woke up thinking it was Saturday. Turns out it's only Friday.
Odds'n Ends on tap.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

^theif! I have a fri/sat weeekend! today is MY saturday, lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll :)
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^You can have it back! :lol:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

hee hee...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

And the weekend creeps in on cat's feet....
scottydog wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:31 am
Tonight some vaccinated friends are having a corn hole party -- we'll probably go because the weather should be nice.
Is that that bean bag thing?
Well, if you are a guy like me, you see the word "boobs" :lol:
A picture is worth a thousand words.
That's awesome. The only unique way to spell my name would be Scot with one "T" :loopy:
My name is "Richard," but I spell it "RJDiogenes."
I suspected a Megaladon was a huge shark and I was right. :guffaw: :shark:
:D
Cayla wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:56 am
I find it interesting, since the court summons came out on Tuesday...
That's a little ominous.
RJ, I used to ride rides, but now that I am older, I cannot handle it. I have the pass for the waterpark and for the Hallow Weekends in the fall.
I was looking at the website and they have a Lake Erie Islands Excursion that looks pretty cool.
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:01 am
....saying they cant do this unless i go into the branch and i cant get in there again for a long time - possibly a month or two.
So basically they're doing the same thing that made you switch to begin with. They don't learn.
Lupine wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:09 pm
This is all because Monday seceded. :no:

:tea:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Today was fun. Had a nice lunch out with my good friend and long-time collaborator, George. It's so nice to be vaccinated and able to be out and about again :dance: Then The Wife and I had fun playing corn hole with some neighbor friends outside during a lovely evening. I love the fact that it stays light out until 8pm now :yes:

We did meet for an hour with our financial advisor who says we're still on track to retire in December, thanks to the stock market still doing so well. I don't have the foggiest idea why the stock market is at record highs during a pandemic that's ravaged the economy. Our advisor tried to explain it to us but I still don't understand. :conf:
Cayla wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:56 am
It has now happened three time in the past month. I find it interesting, since the court summons came out on Tuesday...
Hmmm. Is it time to install a surveillance camera?
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:01 am
i COULD pop to the farm shop then take a short local solo hike... OR I could hop the hill and pop into the garden center....hmmm......ill go in about an hour, so have time to choose
I love having choices. What did you end up doing?
Lupine wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:09 pm
Not to alarm you or anything, but mixing up days is the first sign of dementia. Which basically means I have dementia :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:28 pm
Is that that bean bag thing?
Yes, it's a game involving throwing beanbags onto a board with a hole in it. We're terrible at it :lol:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. ^ i hit the farm store then the plot.
today is L's 76th birthday - so we are off on an all day excursion to arundel - on foot - which should include coffee and a WWT visit!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

And I am off to breakfast with Mom and Chloe and Uncle Bernie.
scottydog wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:38 am
Had a nice lunch out with my good friend and long-time collaborator, George.
Did you go to the gorge?
We did meet for an hour with our financial advisor who says we're still on track to retire in December, thanks to the stock market still doing so well. I don't have the foggiest idea why the stock market is at record highs during a pandemic that's ravaged the economy. Our advisor tried to explain it to us but I still don't understand. :conf:
I'd like to understand that myself. But they say it will continue to get stronger as more people get vaccinated and the economy recovers, which puts me on track too.
Not to alarm you or anything, but mixing up days is the first sign of dementia. Which basically means I have dementia :lol:
I've had dementia since Tuesday. Or was it a week ago Thursday?
Yes, it's a game involving throwing beanbags onto a board with a hole in it. We're terrible at it :lol:
Yeah, I've played that a few times at my Sister's house. The name is vaguely obscene.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:49 am
today is L's 76th birthday - so we are off on an all day excursion to arundel - on foot - which should include coffee and a WWT visit!
Happy Birthday to L. Image I hope you both have a great day. :yes:

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Happy Saturday, all :hello:

Today is my Tim and gym day. I also need to re-paint our mailbox -- it's been an embarrassing tattered mess for a few years now.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:49 am
Happy birthday to L :party: Did you bake a cake?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:43 am
Did you go to the gorge?
No, but we did eat at The Tavern which rhymes with cavern :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
I'd like to understand that myself. But they say it will continue to get stronger as more people get vaccinated and the economy recovers, which puts me on track too.
That's good news. What concerns me is that our advisor has almost half our assets in the stock market. That's served us well but I'm thinking it's time to reduce our exposure to the stock market now that we're on the cusp of retirement. He disagrees, arguing that we could live another 30 years or more in which case we'll need to continue to grow our money. Seems like we're rolling the dice but he's the expert and we're deferring to him.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Yeah, I've played that a few times at my Sister's house. The name is vaguely obscene.
Indeed it is :blush: I seem to gravitate to games that have sexual connotations -- golf, for example, a game featuring a club, a ball, and a hole :wtf:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

Happy birthday to L!

Today will be landscaping job. In the evening, I will go to my sister's for my nephew Caden's 13th birthday. These kids grow up too fast!

My sister called me last night. She wanted to give me a heads up that my 14 year old niece, Lexi, is in the hospital. Apparently, they have been dealing with some severe depression she has. Yesterday, when my brother-in-law picked her up from school, he noticed she had cuts all over her legs. He immediately took her to the hospital. She has been cutting herself. :no:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Cayla wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:40 am
My sister called me last night. She wanted to give me a heads up that my 14 year old niece, Lexi, is in the hospital. Apparently, they have been dealing with some severe depression she has. Yesterday, when my brother-in-law picked her up from school, he noticed she had cuts all over her legs. He immediately took her to the hospital. She has been cutting herself. :no:
I'm so sorry to hear this. I've spoken with teachers who fear that suicide and other self-destructive behaviors among kids have increased dramatically during the pandemic. I hope Lexi is able to heal what is hurting her right now.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, gang. :coffee:

Just stuff around the house today, though I do have a letter to drop off at the Post Office. :mailbox:
scottydog wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:26 am
Today is my Tim and gym day. I also need to re-paint our mailbox -- it's been an embarrassing tattered mess for a few years now.
Truth be told I probably should touch up mine as well. The weather here takes its toll on it.
Cayla wrote:
Oh, dear. :(
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

Oh no..... :( sorry to hear that Cayla....too young to be so sad, but so man y people fall in that direction... :no:
Did you bake a cake?
um.... :mellow: :unsure: well...i did make a choc crunch slice..... :blush: :sweetlove: she did mention that she liked it..... :peekaboo:
we had a good day out - left mine at 9.40am and got home 4.40pm...we walked to arundel and b ack thru the woodland, stopping for coffee on arrival in ton, going round the WWT where we had packed lunches, and stopping for coffee at swanbourne lake on return....
we had enough time to catch up properly - and saw the new pelican/aviary exhibit at wwt.
we made plasn for sev4ra m ore all-day excursions...we might check th tulip festival at arundel castle, do the arundel mystery self0-tour game, walk to bognor, and explore some of the side tracks as alternatrive routes. it took us 1 hr 50 minutes to walk from angmering to arundel BTW....and the bus takes 1 hr exaclty.... :dance: :thumbsup: but then the bus goes thru rust and lh and lyminster en route and take forver... and we walk rdirect and thru woodland and countryside... and we both prefer to walk now we kn ow we can. GO US! :dance:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good afternoon, everybody. :hello:
scottydog wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:26 am
That's good news. What concerns me is that our advisor has almost half our assets in the stock market. That's served us well but I'm thinking it's time to reduce our exposure to the stock market now that we're on the cusp of retirement. He disagrees, arguing that we could live another 30 years or more in which case we'll need to continue to grow our money. Seems like we're rolling the dice but he's the expert and we're deferring to him.
Yeah, you need to depend on some modest growth but you also have to be prepared that the market will have its ups and downs over time.
Cayla wrote:
Aw, the poor kid. That's all-too-common these days. How did she react to going to the hospital?
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:22 pm
we had a good day out - left mine at 9.40am and got home 4.40pm...we walked to arundel and b ack thru the woodland, stopping for coffee on arrival in ton, going round the WWT where we had packed lunches, and stopping for coffee at swanbourne lake on return....
That's a great day. You covered a lot of territory.

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Today I did three coats on our mailbox post -- primer, paint, and paint again. Now I'm exhausted. You'd think I just painted the house 3 times :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:54 pm
Truth be told I probably should touch up mine as well. The weather here takes its toll on it.
I wonder which weather is harder on paint -- your incessant sun and scorching heat, or our 4 seasons and tons of rainfall :shrug:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:22 pm
um.... :mellow: :unsure: well...i did make a choc crunch slice..... :blush: :sweetlove: she did mention that she liked it..... :peekaboo:
That's great! Did she have a nice birthday?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:44 pm
Yeah, you need to depend on some modest growth but you also have to be prepared that the market will have its ups and downs over time.
That's true, and the key is not to get too high about the ups nor too low about the downs. It's the long term trend that counts.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

scottydog wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:40 pm
Lupine wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:54 pm
I wonder which weather is harder on paint -- your incessant sun and scorching heat, or our 4 seasons and tons of rainfall :shrug:
Don't forget the blowing sand. :desert:
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:45 pm
So everything is constantly being sandblasted? How often does sand blow into your eyes? Ugh.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^More that I care to think about. :lol:
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:48 pm
^More that I care to think about. :lol:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^ :lol:
And that's about how I look.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Howdy! Took me a while to get caught up.

I think the rainy season has started a little early this year. :no:

Being Saturday, it was sheet washing day. Not difficult. But then I had to put sheets on the bed .... with Queenie's help. :wiggle:

Other than doing chores (yuck) it's been a quiet week.

:hello:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

back to work today - but only three client calls this evening - morning poff, assumedly offered a half say for study allowance. i shall pop to the post office and transfer some cash then revise the two units ive done so far and cook a daily meal....then work 3 calls.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

I seem to have lost my Three Stooges mask. :(
scottydog wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:40 pm
Today I did three coats on our mailbox post -- primer, paint, and paint again. Now I'm exhausted. You'd think I just painted the house 3 times :lol:
Are you sure you didn't accidentally paint the post office?
That's true, and the key is not to get too high about the ups nor too low about the downs. It's the long term trend that counts.
Which is always upward.
Lupine wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:45 pm
"This is Ceti Alpha V!"
jgc wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:36 am
Howdy! Took me a while to get caught up.
It's a fast-moving, mind-bending environment here at ReNext.
Being Saturday, it was sheet washing day. Not difficult. But then I had to put sheets on the bed .... with Queenie's help. :wiggle:
That's why they call them Felis Domesticus. :)
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:53 am
i shall pop to the post office and transfer some cash
How long will it take you to complete that process?

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

ow long will it take you to complete that process?
15 minutes travel and 2-10 minutes in the post office - each time i extract £200 and pop it in the new bank.
I have 4100.00 still in the old account - so 20 trips of circa 25mins = 500minutes total or something like that - but then i ca n use MY money when i want to....i put 200 more in this morning, extracted from old bank's theiving hands....and spent £2 transferring over my work phone input card....
i also pottered in the garden and poly tunnel and baked a garlic bap....and am now doing lunch...then i shall revise a bit before work.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

My boss, Mike, for the landscaping took me out for breakfast, yesterday. He wanted to discuss my ex. Condensed version...Ron is freaking out about going to court, losing his license, and possible jail time. He is blaming his boss for laying him off, and causing his boss a lot of grief. Mike told me that if I go through with it, it will put his construction company under, as Ron is what is holding it together. Um, Ron is also the one who ran it to the ground last year. Mike tried to talk me out of it, wants me to ask my lawyer a ton of questions for him, and wants to find a way to pay me the money. I tried to tell him that Ron needs consequences for his actions. If I drop the case now, I will spend the next 9 years without adequate support payments. Mike argued that Ron is defeated and needs something to boost his morale. Mike still thinks he can "fix" Ron. I am furious. I am sick and tired of everyone wanting me to take care of Ron's mess, and wanting me to help him. I wasted 27 years of my life on him. I am done.

In other news, the birthday party was fun. Ruby was her usual entertaining two-year-old self.

Madeliaette the mystery self tour of Arundel castle sounds fun.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.