Check-In 112:Heptagonal Copernicium

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Check-In 112:Heptagonal Copernicium

Post by Madeliaette »

and hello new thread!
:hello:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In 112:Heptagonal Copernicium

Post by Madeliaette »

Did any changes or improvements happen while you were away?
um....a few changes happened just this morning actually.
yesterday i had no contact re when i was being picked up today - so an hour before the office closed i messaged to office staff to ask...neither got back to me. i therefore messaged the driver thatn usually does weekday mkorning and he told me when pick up was...
this morning, five mins before pickup, Joe phoned to say a diffrent driver was picking me up 15 minutes later as the original onewas off sick.
the new driver messaged me to etll me he was going to be 15 minutes late....
I was working with a coworker thats good to work with, so things got done and we were only running five m inutes late - when at out last monring call, before the 3-4 lunch calls, we were told a new agency had taken over end of life care for the client we had trekked half an hour trhu traffic to visit.... so we were running early for lunch clie nts one of which we didnt have, and finished early!
so same chaotic mess....but in our favor today.
its also payday...and they did back pay me 5 of the 20 odd hours they owed - but cut me 6 hours short on the last month - sigh.
anyways im not on the rest of the day so 130-bedtime is free. im gonna bake a chocolate cake and potter in the poly tunnel methinks... i have a half day tomorrow too - pm n ot am shift. i will do some study tomorrow monring!
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Ah, new thread!

And good morning. :coffee:

Will probably skulk off to do some shopping today. :shopping:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

And the end of another month draws nigh....
scottydog wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:03 am
I hope you're completely rid of that evil sinus headache.
Yeah, a brief coma usually takes care of it.
Hopefully you got out and took some pictures for us to see :camera:
On weekdays, I just walk around the block a bit. Hopefully it will be warm enough on the weekend.
Cayla wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:23 am
It is time to put this thread to bed....
Good night, thread. Good night, Moon. Good night, stars. :sleep:
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:49 pm
and hello new thread!
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:56 pm
we were told a new agency had taken over end of life care for the client we had trekked half an hour trhu traffic to visit....
I wonder if that's because they weren't happy with the service.
so same chaotic mess....but in our favor today.
It still sounds like they haven't learned anything.
its also payday...and they did back pay me 5 of the 20 odd hours they owed - but cut me 6 hours short on the last month - sigh.
So now you're down 21 hours?

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

My aunt actually went into a shore today! :bounce: She picked some plants out at Lowes, though I stood in line to pay for it.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's great. I think my Mother's working up to going out shopping, too. She'll probably just wait until my Sister has her second vaccine.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^With Lowes the garden section is semi-outside so it was a bit safer than inside stores. Even vaccinated she's not taking too many risks yet.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Another busy day draws to a close. The heavy rain prevented me from getting out and exercising.
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:56 pm
im gonna bake a chocolate cake
Yummy! How did it turn out?
Lupine wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:45 pm
Will probably skulk off to do some shopping today. :shopping:
We need to ask Maddie if "skulk" is a legal scrabble word :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:18 pm
My aunt actually went into a shore today! :bounce:
Glad that normalcy is fast approaching :thumbsup:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:59 pm
And the end of another month draws nigh....
Have you had any conversations yet with the boss about your plans?
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM.
I wonder if that's because they weren't happy with the service.
no, its because the NHS who pay for the carers, changed company.
Yummy! How did it turn out?
it didnt - as i didnt get round to making it - i wasnt hungry enough.
ahead today - watering at plot, study, and PM shift at work - just 4 client calls tonight.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:
Lupine wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:28 pm
^With Lowes the garden section is semi-outside so it was a bit safer than inside stores. Even vaccinated she's not taking too many risks yet.
That's wise.
scottydog wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:42 am
Have you had any conversations yet with the boss about your plans?
I have not. I'm not especially optimistic. I probably should have brought it up sooner.
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:46 am
no, its because the NHS who pay for the carers, changed company.
I wonder how they make their decisions. It seems weird to change companies at that stage.

:tea:

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

^ no idea. basically, the NHS award care packages to clients/agencies for 2,4, 6 or 8 weeks - usually 6 - then there is n assessment. if ongoing care is needed, 9/10 it is passed to the local councils and they choose the care agency to pass it on to - OR the client may choose to go rpivate and select the agency of their choice. 1/10 the NHS arranges a new package, again for 2-8 weeks. thats how it usually gos...but...every so oiften it doesnt. one client was with an agency for just over a week the found us being assigned instead....now this client who is end of life was with us but sddenly got swtiched, with just days expected to live... i assume sometimes the agen cy backs out (say if they are short staffed, dont like handling that client, or closing down) and the N HS offer the client to a new agenmcy, but at other times it jut happens and nobody knows why.

wel i popped to the plot and did some watering - did a few loads laundry - did 1.5 hrs study - ate an erly lunch. now im about to do another round of scrabble then ore study....5 hrs to go before pick up for PM shift! only 4 client calls to do tonight.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Thursday, everyone.

Today I'll work on the Encyclopedia and have lunch at Arby's with Mike. That's about it.

We have a big controversy brewing on our campus. Two of our buildings are named after known white supremacists from the 19th & 20th centuries. Schools and buildings all over the country are changing names right now to reflect greater racial sensitivity. I think it's all part of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Our Black students have made it clear that they don't feel comfortable or welcome on our campus with those racists' names on the buildings. But our Board of Directors has made it clear that they don't intend to make any changes. So now's there's a big brouhaha with lots of protests and outrage. The Washington Post even did an article on our situation, giving us some pretty bad publicity. I'm curious what will happen.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:30 am
I have not. I'm not especially optimistic. I probably should have brought it up sooner.
Well, it's a complicated situation. Hopefully things will work out pretty well for you.
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:19 am
...5 hrs to go before pick up for PM shift! only 4 client calls to do tonight.
I bet your clients really missed you while you were on vacation :yes:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I will be spending most of my day at the church. I will go in later than usual, so I can get a few things done at home, first. The head of the archive committee will be there from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM, and I will be there from about 11:00 AM- 9:00 PM, so we are going to order take out for dinner. I'm going to help the secretary in the office, work on rummage, and then work the evening church service.

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping on my lunch break. I have everything for Easter, except the bakery I plan to bring to dinner. Hopefully, I can find time on Saturday to pick it up.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, one and all. :yawn:

My aunt has another follow-up appointment later today with the eye doctor. :glasses: I don't expect that will take long.
scottydog wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:42 am
We have a big controversy brewing on our campus. Two of our buildings are named after known white supremacists from the 19th & 20th centuries. Schools and buildings all over the country are changing names right now to reflect greater racial sensitivity. I think it's all part of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Our Black students have made it clear that they don't feel comfortable or welcome on our campus with those racists' names on the buildings. But our Board of Directors has made it clear that they don't intend to make any changes. So now's there's a big brouhaha with lots of protests and outrage. The Washington Post even did an article on our situation, giving us some pretty bad publicity. I'm curious what will happen.
It's certainly a complicated issue, but I generally am hesitant on renaming things (with exceptions as I'm all for taking Jackson off the $20). Especially after Googling one of the people in the article (Douglas Southall Freeman) I couldn't find any major offenses in his background. I'm sure he probably had some dodgy opinions about things, but a lot of people do.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Howdy, howdy! :hello:

Got my groceries delivered Tues morning. All put away right away except for the 1- liter bottles of water. Working on that.

I went out this morning to take the trash out, and discovered that I had left my door unlocked since Tuesday! :eek: I'm amazed nothing happened.

Since Tuesday it's been the same old same old right along. Well, except for the unlocked door.

I hope you all have a nice evening.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh: