What Are You Reading: The Sequel!

Post your original works of fiction here.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: What Are You Reading: The Sequel!

Post by RJDiogenes »

I'm about halfway through The Road to Mars by Eric Idle. Yep, that Eric Idle. It has kind of that Hitchhiker's Guide or Discworld vibe, as you might expect. In the part I just read, the narrator is talking about comedy from the 20th century and mentions a stupid show named Monty Python that doesn't make any sense. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

Lupine wrote:
Fri May 03, 2013 10:37 pm
RJDiogenes wrote:I know Christopher Bennett. I suspect with the well-meaning-but-clueless aliens he is subconsciously writing about himself.
If he's the guy I remember from TrekBBS we got into an argument over competing alien world shows.
Yeah, I know him too. He's at Exile abd once when I was at comic-con I noticed a book of his for sale, as I. paged through I noticed he had named a bad guys ship teh Rhea abd tgat is the name of the Exisler we was alowys picking on so I told her about it and we hqd. good laugh

Yeah he knows how to be clueless.
But the part about Picard being ruthlessly prosecuted by an old flame is surprisingly derivative-- they did that in TOS in the episode "Court Martial."
Well he didn't have a choice since it was established in TNG that Picard was court-martialed for the loss of the Stargazer.
I just finished Janet Evanovich;s latst, her 25th in her Stephaine PLUM series. She;s still got it. It is funny and I gotta get on her facebook page and let her know I am okay. My mother was so impressed to hear tgat Janet cn walk into a room of 600 fans abd recognize n=me fom berhind. I got so tired of the Joe Morelli or Ranger fight< i named myself Nonny, Queen of the Ranger Babes abd was tunned when they accepted that. The Ranger Babes always were okay, but the Morelli crowd kept telling Janet to kill off Ranger and get Steph married to Moerlli, but luckily Janet knwe that the series would go on forever with the current lelvel of sexual tension.
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:10 pm
I'm about halfway through The Road to Mars by Eric Idle. Yep, that Eric Idle. It has kind of that Hitchhiker's Guide or Discworld vibe, as you might expect. In the part I just read, the narrator is talking about comedy from the 20th century and mentions a stupid show named Monty Python that doesn't make any sense. :lol:
I'm glad you are enjouying it, so much aas I did. Wow, Eric Idle writes scifi! I have a ticket to see Spamalot in March. Gotta find my DVD of the Life of Brian and watch as it is based o.n this movie. Like many other fans I have choseen "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" as my funeral song
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

I keep trying to post but I ge an error message claiming that mypost hasn't go enough words and it does but also won't let me qdd qny,
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

Madeliaette wrote:
Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 am
1/2way thru Scottydog's book - almost at the end pf a CNN Dzogchen book and starting a Michale Palin Himalayan travel book....
Palin has been kknighted for his travel stuff. The knight who said ni, will be a real knight
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

emma glitch wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:24 pm
Yeah, I know him too. He's at Exile abd once when I was at comic-con I noticed a book of his for sale, as I. paged through I noticed he had named a bad guys ship teh Rhea abd tgat is the name of the Exisler we was alowys picking on so I told her about it and we hqd. good laugh
Yep, he's at Ex Isle. I ignore him there, too. :lol:
I got so tired of the Joe Morelli or Ranger fight< i named myself Nonny, Queen of the Ranger Babes abd was tunned when they accepted that.
Oh, so that's where that name came from. :yes:
emma glitch wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:38 pm
I keep trying to post but I ge an error message claiming that mypost hasn't go enough words and it does but also won't let me qdd qny,
If you get that message, it means that you've already posted and you just clicked on the submit button too many times.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Checking in to see if RJ knows that there's a new Alex Benedict novel out.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yes, thank you, I had pre-ordered it a while back, so it arrived a couple of weeks ago. As soon as I finish Jim's book, I'll move on to Australis's, and then Alex.

australis
Centurion
Centurion

Post by australis »

Because I now leave (for now) elsewhere, I have a new library to explore.

Currently a biography of Raymond Chandler. Next, either a Best of Connie Willis or a Cory Doctorow book with four novellas.

Sometime soon, the first Witches books fron TP's Discworld, or Gibson's Sprawl trilogy, which first got me into computers.
“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”
― Terry Pratchett
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I'm a bit more than halfway through the australis collection, then I'll move on to a fanfic I promised to read from a poster at Terran, then on to Jim's next book, then Lupy's rewrite, then I'll get to Jack McDevitt's latest.

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Hi. Not sure I've ever posted in this thread.

Recently, I've gone thru my book case and read all the Stephen King books I own but hadn't read yet. :conf:

Currently on Bag of Bones.

I've already re-read all my favorites by Anne McCaffrey. :yes:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I should re-read those myself one of these days.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yeah, it's been a while since I've read a Pern novel. It would be nice to go back to that world.

And I have just one more story to go in australis's book. He's got several interesting series going on there, some of which are familiar from having been posted here in the past.

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Currently Four Past Midnight.

When I'm done with this, I think I'll read something lighter.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yeah, Stephen King can be a bit grim. :D